Memorial Day Weekend is here! Thank goodness, right? If you’re thinking about spending time outdoors – and you should – or looking for something to do, take heed of some of the things we’ve found you can do for the weekend.
- On Sunday & Monday (5/29 – 5/30), Governors Island is holding the Brewers PicNyc (clever play on the word!) You get a stellar combination of craft beer, street food, AND music to top it all off. Click here to buy tickets.
- Did you know NYC played a key role in the American Revolution? If you didn’t, you can learn more about it in the Revolutionary Era Walking Tour of Lower Manhattan.
- Here’s a NY deal to check out: Dublin 6, Prix Fixe Brunch 14.95 or 17.95 Includes 2 drinks or A La Carte.
- Want to listen to some good music for the weekend in Chicago? Check out the Belmont and Sheffield Music Festival, now in its 27th year!
- The National Vietnam Veterans Art Museum will be FREE on Memorial Day and will have performances by Black Hawk Performance Company and the Been Na Un Den Nah Drum Group.
- Here’s a Chicago deal to check out: LM Le Restaurant, the $37 3-course pre-fixed menu will be offered for $27.
- In the mood for lively music, dancing, and food? Check out the 2011 San Francisco Carnaval Festival. Besides the aforementioned entertainment, there will be a soccer pavilion available for players of the sport.
- The San Francisco International Arts Festival has been going on for a while and will continue to do so until the end of the month. You can take a look at the festival calendar to see what events are being held and if tickets are available.
- Here’s an SF deal to check out: Lark Creek Steak, Memorial Day Weekend BBQ menu! Fri-Mon. Features pulled pork sliders, BBQ air chilled chicken,, bacon BBQ wagyu burgers and more!